Monday 26 April 2010

Day One Hundred And Sixteen

Evening

Spent a day in the garden today.  I wish I could say that it was a day of lazing about, soaking up the rays on this stunning april day.  However, that is not the case.  Last night we made a decision to re-model the garden.

A few years ago, a friend of ours, Paul and I, REALLY transformed the garden.  this time round we're picking up on lessons learned and hopefully taking it forward as a nice, safe place for Luke, his brothers and sisters, and his friends to play in for the next 5 years or so.

So, the first mission was to shift all the bark chippings.  We got it from this....


To this....

and the bark chippings???  Here....

After that was done, we set about emptying the border.  There were 4 rather large "things" in there, that were completely ridiculous to try and remove.  I got there though.  I'm sure my back will remind me of that tomorrow.  Note how full the green bin is?  Well the excess will be going back to nature tomorrow.  Over the fence that is!

And here we have Deb and Luke surveying work done.

Luke got into the swing of it, too (pardon the pun).

I know this isn't garden related, nor was it taken today, but I wanted to publish it anyway.  FAR too cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment