Saturday 22 May 2010

Day One Hundred And Forty Two

Now then now then.

What a MAD hot day we've had, eh?  Manchester was officially the hottest place in the whooooole of the united kingdom of great britain and northern ireland with 26 degrees today.  I was stuck in a building just 25 miles from Manchester. No air conditioning. Who need it?  Just those who want to keep warm.  Fortunately, it was my primary objective to bake like a frigging chicken today.  Good job I achieved that.

My only respite was when my quite splendid wife and my child called Luke came to visit and we went for Lunch. We went to the beautiful village of Appley Bridge, which is where I used to live.  Luke went to the park and then we fed some ducks. There was an overly aggressive male duck and after a few minutes a load of teeny tiny ducks arrived and his defensive streak became clear. It was beautiful.. Enjoy...



 

2 comments:

  1. Was it really the hottest place? Didn't seem so hot when I was out earlier, maybe I'm used to it!! Cute pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MetOffice said they take readings in shaded places and yeah - Manchester was hottest in UK today! :-) ta for feedback...

    ReplyDelete