Monday 2 August 2010

Day Two Hundred And Fourteen

Evening reader

Well - the roof's almost done.  Fascia and guttering to be done tomorrow, but shouldn't take long.  Well done CDG Construction. I'm very pleased with your work.

Luke, Matthew & Charlotte went to physibodies at Hope School this morning. Luke mostly took part in what goes on, but then threw the towel in towards the end, opting to sit on a bench instead.

After that, back home to collect Abbey & Robert then off up to Taybarns to gorge!  They did much better than the previous visits, spending over an hour and 15 mins in there today.  I don't know if it was just me, but the food tasted much better than on previous visits.  The pizza's were smaller, which meant the slices were easier to manage.  Yeah - well done Taybarns, too.

Another highlight of the visit (aside from the children behaving themselves and eating well), was that I bumped into my old Headmaster from junior school - Mr Charlie Matthews.  I'd walked past this bloke a few times in there, and as we were leaving, I asked him if he was who I thought he was - and he was!  It was really nice to see him, after 25 years, and he claimed to remember my name.  Not sure if he did or not as thousands of children went through the school under his governance.

Too many words so far - here's a photo of some food...

No comments:

Post a Comment